2. EXPRESSIONS WITH THE WORD 'TIME'
Read the sentences 1-6 and match the expressions in bold with their meanings a-f.
1. They told us that the meeting would start on time. ( b )
2. Make sure you arrive at the port in time to catch the last ferry back to the city. ( f )
3. From time to time, I go to a spa and have a facial treatment. ( a )
4. The children are quiet, for the time being. ( c )
5. Once upon a time, there was a brave man who lived in a faraway land. ( d )
6. By the time I can afford to buy that house, the price will have gone up. ( e )
b. at the correct time
c. just for now
d. a very long time ago
f. not late