حلول الوحدة الأولى من كتاب الطالب | That's incredible! | Traveller 4
1.READING حل فقرة القراءة
c (The others are wrong because they only refer to certain aspects of the text.)
1. b ('..around 2000 kilometres from the nearest island.’)
2. a ('... However they brought back diseases... inhabitants.’)
3. c ('... belonged to the ruling tribe...’)
4. c (the last paragraph)
2.VOCABULARY and GRAMMAR حل فقرة المُفردات و القاعدات
3. VOCABULARY حل فقرة المفردات
1. f 2. d 3. a 4. e 5. c 6. b
Which action happened first and which happened next?
First: Rapa Nui had remained unknown.
Next: Jakob Rogeveen discovered it.
Which tenses are used?
Past Simple and Past Perfect Simple
How long had the inhabitants been liing on the remote island?
Which tense is used?
The Past Perfect Progressive
We arrived at the station after the train had left.
The men had been searching for hours when they decided to give up.
5.PRACTICE حل فقرة الممارسة
1. had been looking
11. had... got/did... get
12. had read
13. finished / had finished
15. had found
6. listening & reading حل فقرة الاستماع والقراءة
Toby helped the police arrest a robber.
1. Last week. ('I had my first lesson last week.’)
2. He talked to two police officers. ('I was waiting at the bus stop when two police officers ran up to me and shouted...’)
3. Because he rushed on the bus out of breath and was looking around suspiciously. ('...when a man rushed on...suspiciously.’)
4. Because he wanted to follow the man. ('When we came to my bus stop, I didn’t get off... Did you pursue him')
5. He followed the man. ('Then I turned around and followed him.’)
6. They told him not to leave. ('They said I should stay put...’)
7. Ray had read about the man in the newspaper. ('It was in all the papers.’)
vocabulary & grammar حل فقرة المُفردات والقواعد
1. a 2. b 3. b 4. a
PHRASAL VERBS WITH ‘UP’
turn up = appear
hold up = rob (a bank)
1. d 2. e 3. f 4. a 5. b 6. h 7. c 8. g
REPORTED SPEECH (STATEMENTS)
I haven’t seen anyone like that.
You should stay put. We will be there shortly.
He tried to make up a story about you being part of the robbery.
tell, say, Past Simple, Past Perfect Simple, would
1. Brad told Tom that he was thinking of taking a foreign language course.
2. Adam told me that he didn’t know what time Jack would arrive.
3. Philip told me that he was going to buy a holiday home in Spain.
4. Paul said that it might rain at the weekend.
5. Peter told me that he had bought a new car for the race.
listening & speaking حل فقرة الاستماع والتحدث
c, d, f
1. F 2.T 3.T 4. F 5. T 6. F
Reasons for visiting King Fahd’s Fountain:
This breathtaking sight is one of a kind it is the tallest water fountain in the world.
It offers visitors a spectacular sight, especially at night.
It is open daily.
writing حل فقرة الكتابة
a. 4 b. 2 c. 3 d. 1
d. on display
1b reading صفحة القراءة
b (it does not follow the norms of a short story - too much information that is more appropriate for a
newspaper report, it cannot be a weekly magazine because in the first paragraph it reads 'Last night...’ and a police report would exclude all quotations)
2. F ('The police told him not to panic and said that they would be there in no time. They also told him to stay in his room for safety reasons.’)
3. T ('They also found about ten bags of food he was ready to take with him before he left.’)
5. T ('They returned home once to find one of their front windows broken and their kitchen a mess.’)
6. T ('We checked to see if our money and ewellery were gone... everything was in its place.’)
8. F ('The police confirmed the identification of the man... containers from his previous burglaries.’)
9. F ('After the burglar confessed...’)
10. F ('He was charged with burglary and can face up to two years in prison.’)
vocabulary & grammar صفحة المُفردات والقواعد
1. d 2. f 3. e 4. a 5. b 6. g 7. c
VOCABULARY حل فقرةالمفردات
1. WORDS RELATED TO CRIME
2. broke into, stole
2. EXPRESSIONS WITH THE WORD
1. b 2. f 3. a 4. c 5. d 6. e
3. ‘BE’ + PREPOSITIONS
1. e 2. d 3. b 4. a 5. g 6. c 7. f
GRAMMAR حل فقرة القواعد
Please, come to my house as quickly as possible.
Don’t panic, sir!
Did you hear or see anything?
Why have you committed these crimes?
not, ask, if, affirmative
PRACTICE حل فقرة الممارسة
1. Andy wanted to know if/whether Tony was going to the beach on Thursday.
2. Peter asked the waiter to bring (whether/if he could bring) him some ketchup.
3. Becky wondered if /whether the weather would be nice that weekend.
4. My father wanted to know why I was taking part in that competition.
5. The airport security guard told me to put my bag in the container.
6. Ameer wondered where he had left his credit card.
7. Julie asked her sister not to make noise.
ENGLISH IN USE حل فقرة الانجليزية التي نستخدمها
1. b 2. a 3. b 4. b 5. a 6. c 7. a 8. c 9. a 10. c
listening & speaking صفحة الاستماع والتحدث
LISTENING حل فقرة الاستماع
Who was responsible for the mess in Andy's house?
Andy’s pet rabbit.
5. in the house
SPEAKING حل فقرة التحدث
SA: Where exactly were you and what were you doing at the time of the incident?
SB: I was at my best friend’s house and we were playing football in his garden.
SA: How would you describe the sight?
SB: We saw a red light forming different shapes in the sky. Then the shapes changed colour and became yellow and orange.
SA: What did you think when you first saw the lights?
SB: I thought they were some kind of fireworks, but then I realised that the lights were too high to be
SA: What kind of shapes did the lights form?
SB: At first, they formed circles and then spirals.
SA: What kind of sounds did you hear?
SB: It sounded like an engine.
SA: How did you feel?
SB: We weren’t worried, but we were trying to figure out what was going on.
SA: Where do you think the lights were coming from?
SB: I think they were coming from a plane.
writing صفحة الكتابة
• Yes, because the story ends with the words specified in the competition rules ('So, Peter realised it was a dream after all.’).
• He says he had been dreaming.
1. Past Progressive, Past Simple, Present Simple
2. Past Progressive, Past Simple, Present Simple, Past Perfect Simple, Past Perfect Progressive
3. a . when, while
b. before, then
c. last Friday night
2. By the time
6. As soon as
1 round-up صفحة الأسئلة الشاملة
VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR المفردات والقواعد
1. b 2. a 3. d 4. d 5. b
6. d 7. d 8. d 9. a 10. a
1. a 2. c 3. c 4. c 5. b
6. d 7. c 8. a 9. a 10. c
1. c 2. b 3. a 4. c
5. b 6. b 7. a 8. b
1. wondered if/whether I had
2. not to leave the
3. had sent the invitations
4. (that) he had never seen
5. wondered where Bob had bought
6. had been walking for
7. apologised for taking
8. denied taking any money from
1. c 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. b 6. c