A. Choose the word or phrase that most appropriately completes each sentence.
1. Bob said he wouldn’t be able to --- the seminar because he was very busy.
a. install b. attend c. encourage d. achieve
2. The Plums and Noodles shop offers a wide --- of Asian products and utensils.
a. range b. method c. trend d. feature
3. Omar was --- to work when the accident happened.
a. in the way b. out of the way c. on the way d. by the way
4. We started the engine and drove slowly but --- picked up speed when we reached the motorway.
a. entirely b. absolutely c. mainly d. gradually
5. I like Indian food because it's --- .
a. spicy b. handy c. unlikely d. radical
6. In the beginning, sushi restaurants weren't at all successful, but they eventually---.
a. picked out b. caught on c. logged on d. tapped on
7. Are you aware --- the consequences of your actions, Jim?
a. for b. about c. of d. to
8. Nothing of what the president said was --- to the situation; it seemed he wanted to change the subject.
a. harmful b. similar c. relevant d. suitable
9. The doctor --- drinking a lot of water and avoiding junk food.
a. analysed b. recommended c. complemented d. recorded
10. Whatever he tells you, try to stay calm and not --- your temper.
a. lose b. hold c. miss d. keep
قرة المفردات في كتاب الطالب - لمنهج ترافلر 4 ⇐ Vocabulary