A. Look at the following extract from the text.
What does the phrase in bold mean?
While I packed my baggage, I kept an eye on the queue and then raced to the restaurant when the lunchtime rush was over.
B. Complete the sentences below with the correct form of keep or hold.
أكمل الجُمل أدناه بـ الصيغة الصحيحة لـ keep أو hold .
1. The little boy and his father held hands as they went for a walk through the park.
2. John, can’t you keep a secret? I told you not to tell anyone.
3. A: Can I speak to Mr Smith?
B: Yes of course, hold the line please.
4. Afaf is a reliable person; she always keeps her promises.
5. I’m going to keep these two people in mind for the new position; they gave an excellent interview and got a high score in the test.
6. We are holding a meeting today to discuss some problems that have come up.
7. I’ll stay and keep you company if you like; I don’t want you to be alone.
8. How long can you hold your breath for?
فقرة المفردات في كتاب الطالب - لمنهج ترافلر 4 ⇐ Vocabulary