PARTS OF THE BODY
1.Look at the words below. انظر للكلمات أدناه
What other words do you know describing parts of the body?
ما هي الكلمات الأُخرى التي تعرفها تصف أجزاء من الجسم؟
مفردات ( أفعال) نحتاجها عند التحدث عن أحد أجزاء الجسم , في التمرين التالي:
2. WORDS EASILY CONFUSED كلمات تسبب التباس بسهولة
harm - hurt - injure
1. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.
2. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured in the accident.
3. Scientists believe that chemical fertilisers can harm our health.
injury - bruise- pain
4. My mother was in terrible pain after her operation.
5. The football player was not able to play in the World Cup because he had a serious knee injury.
6. The day after the rugby match, I had a big bruise on my left cheek.
rash - scratch - blister
7. I have a blister on my foot; could you get me a plaster?
8. When I eat strawberries, I get a rash all over my body; I’m allergic to them.
9. It was a miracle that the man escaped from the burning building with only a few scratches.
faint - choke - gasp
1. When I finally reached the surface of the water, I for gasped air.
11. Ali suddenly felt dizzy and then he fainted.
12. Brian nearly choked on a piece of meat.
3. PHRASAL VERBS
Match the phrasal verbs in bold in the sentences below with their meanings.
1. It took me nearly two weeks to get over the flu. ( f )
2. The poet was not able to visit your school because he came down with a cold. ( d )
3. When I came round, I was lying in a hospital bed. ( e )
4. When the doctor brought me round, I didn’t know what had happened to me. ( b )
5. The painkiller started to wear off after about an hour and my leg started really hurting me. ( c )
6. The doctor told Anne she was worn out from looking after her five children and that she needed to get some rest. ( a )
b. make someone conscious again
c. slowly have no effect
d. catch an illness
e. recover consciousness
f. recover from
فقرة المفردات في كتاب الطالب - لمنهج ترافلر 4 ⇐ Vocabulary