A. Read the following sentences. What do you think the verbs in bold mean?
Explain yourself, I beg you!
a. ask eagerly b. promise c. order
'Who is Eric?' he wondered aloud.
a. answered b. thought c. cried
B. Read the sentences below and match the verbs in bold with their meanings a-f.
1. Sally refused to help me with the washing-up. ( f )
2. Ian apologised for all the trouble he had given us. ( d )
3. I admit that I broke the window and I’m terribly sorry about it. ( a )
4. Perhaps I should remind you that your term test is next Monday. ( e )
5. The police officer ordered the man to turn around. ( c )
6. He denied stealing the money but the police didn’t believe him. ( b )
a. agree that something is true
b. say that something is not true
c. tell someone to do something
d. say that you are sorry
e. make someone remember
f. not accept
قد ترغب بالإطلاع على:
فقرة المفردات في كتاب الطالب - لمنهج ترافلر 4 ⇐ Vocabulary