4- Round Up
A. Choose the word or phrase that most appropriately completes each sentence.
1. If you aren’t going to the wedding, -- call them to let them know. They are expecting you.
a. in the least b. least of all c. at least d. to say the least
2. How did you find out? Did Fatima -- again?
a. learn it by heart b. sit on cloud nine c. have a sweet tooth d. spill the beans
3. Salma couldn’t wear her high heels because she had sprained her -- .
a. wrist b. knee c. ankle d. thumb
4. How did this -- develop? Did you eat or drink anything you might be allergic to?
a. scratch b. bruise c. rash d. blister
5. You don’t look very well. Are you coming -- with something?
a. down b. round c. over d. up
6. After two days of no food and little water, the young boy -- outside the post office.
a. gasped b. choked c. fainted d. exhausted
7. You might not like being in a foreign country, Ali, but while you are there, you should -- the most of it.
a. do b. make c. have d. be
8. If you stick to this exercise plan, you will manage to -- some extra weight.
a. mope b. review c. shed d. starve
9. All employees are -- by Mr Mohammad, the supervisor.
a. monitored b. clutched c. attached d. stranded
10. Abdulaziz came out of the accident with only a -- on his arm.