A. Choose the word or phrase that most appropriately completes each sentence.
1. Tony his brother that he would take him to the park the following day.
a. confirmed b. promised c. admitted d. ordered
2. Lisa up at Nuha’s house about an hour late.
a. turned b. took c. put d. went
3. The two men were with theft.
a. committed b. confessed c. encountered d. charged
4. , dinosaurs inhabited the Earth.
a. From time to time b. For the time being c. On time d. Once upon a time
5. His behaviour is very. Perhaps he’s a criminal.
a. unbelievable b. suspicious c. spectacular d. curious
6. A: What are you two to? You look very suspicious.
B: Oh, nothing, sir.
a. about b. for c. on d. up
7. , I like to go for long walks in the countryside.
a. For the time being b. By the time c. On time d. From time to time
8. The view from the Burj Khalifa is . I can’t wait to go again.
a. tragic b. traditional c. real-life d. breathtaking
9. The man handed me the envelope and then he into the fog.
a. vanished b. pursued c. scattered d. released
10. When the realised he was surrounded by the police, he agreed to give the child back to his parents.
a. kidnapper b. murderer c. robber d. thief