WORDS EASILY CONFUSED
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in the boxes.
tour - trip - journey
1. The package holiday included flight tickets, accommodation and a tour of the island.
2. After a fifteen-hour journey, the men were exhausted.
3. Bob works for a multinational company and he is sent on business trip regularly.
fare - ticket
4. We have to wait for the bus, because we can’t afford the taxi fare .
5. How much did you pay for your ticket to Barcelona?
site - area - location
6. A lot of robberies have recently taken place in the area where we live.
7. The exact location of the president’s house is kept secret for safety reasons.
8. This archaeological site is visited by hundreds of visitors every day.
arrive - get - reach
9. When are your guests expected to arrive at the train station?
10. Call me the moment you get to the airport.
11. As soon as you reach the border, the police will ask you for identification.
take - bring - carry
12. Tom took the children to the zoo last Saturday.
13. My assistant will bring you a cup of coffee in a minute.
14. Can someone help me carry this bookcase downstairs?
فقرة المفردات في كتاب الطالب - لمنهج ترافلر 4 ⇐ Vocabulary