الدرس السابق ⇚ Phrasal verbs with on and offCOLLOCATIONS WITH 'SAY' AND 'TELL'
المتلازمات اللفظية مع say و tell
A. Look at the following extract from the dialogue.
انظر إلى المقتطف التالي من الحوار.
What does the phrase in bold mean?
ماذا تعني العباره بالخط العريض؟
...they should know how to tell their friends from their enemies.
يجب أن يعرفوا كيف يميزوا اصدقاؤهم من أعدائهم.
B. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the phrases in the box.
say so -tell the time- tell a lie- tell the truth -tell a story -say hello
tell the difference- say thank you -tell a secret -say sorry
1. When someone does you a favour it is only polite to say thank you.
2. Layla is teaching her kindergarten class how to tell the time.
3. We were in the neighbourhood and just decided to pop in and say hello.
4. Most people find it really hard to tell the difference between the twins.
5. To tell the truth, I think that Harry was lying to us.
6. You can trust your friends; they would never tell a secret that they promised to keep.
7. If you don’t like rice, just say so and I'll make you something else to eat.
8. Tom had just started telling a story a bout a famous writer when we heard a knock at the door.
9. I knew that Ian was telling a lie because he didn’t look me in the eyes.
10. 'I apologise' is a formal way of saying sorry.
عوده لـفهرس ⇐ مفردات Traveller 3
♣️ قد ترغب بزيارة ⇐ قناة ثمرات اللغة