الدرس السابق ⇚ Phrasal verbs :keep
2. PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES WITH 'FOR' AND 'WITHOUT'
A. Look at the following extracts from the radio interview. Do you know any other prepositional phrases starting with for and without?
For instance, there is the sea turtle bar, made with dark chocolate and blueberries...
Chocolate is one of the most loved and most consumed foods
the world over without exception.
B. Read the sentences and choose the correct prepositional phrase.
1. I want everyone here at 9am sharp, without exception / without warning!
2. Without doubt / without fail, this is the best apple pie
I have ever had in my life.
3. I think we finally got rid of our ant problem for instance/ for good.
4. Why don't you make dinner for a change/for a while?
5. Suddenly, the two men started shooting at everyone in the bank without warning/without doubt.
6. There are many things to do at the spa, for instance/for good, you can sit in the jacuzzi or go in the sauna.
7. I guarantee that we will finish this, without fail / without exception.
8. I'm going to watch some TV for a while / for sure and then I'll do my homework.
9. He didn't have anything at all for dinner. He wasn't hungry for good/for sure.
10. Get everyone out of the building, without delay / without doubt!
عوده لفهرس مفردات Traveller 5