الدرس السابق ⇚ Collocations related to technology
A lot of adjectives are formed by adding a suffix (-ful, -less) to a verb or noun.
تُصاغ الكثير من الصفات بإضافة اللواحق ful و less لـ (فعل ) أو لـ (اسم).
A. Read the examples below. What’s the difference between useful and useless?
This book is very useful. I learnt a lot about cooking from it.
My new mobile phone is useless. It never works when I need it.
B. Complete with the correct form of the words in capitals.
1. Don’t be afraid of the horse. It’s harmless. HARM
2. Malik is a successful businessman. SUCCESS
3. Don’t let Anna do the washing-up. She is very careless. CARE
4. I have nobody to talk to. I feel helpless. HELP
5. I asked my brother to help me fix my computer, but he wasn’t very helpful. He doesn’t know
much about computers. HELP
6. I went to the park yesterday. It was beautiful. BEAUTY
7. I love living in the country because it’s very peaceful. PEACE
8. Sweets are harmful to your teeth. HARM
9. Please be careful with that knife. CARE