الدرس السابق ⇚ Expressions with make and do1. ADJECTIVES ENDING IN -ED AND -ING
A. Read the following sentences. What’s the difference between excited and exciting? Can you think of any other adjectives ending in -ed and -ing?
I was very excited about moving to New York City.
My trip to Australia was one of the most exciting in my life.
Adjectives ending in -ed describe the feeling or attitude one experiences (e.g. bored =
experiencing the feeling of boredom). Adjectives ending in -ing describe what or who causes the
feeling or attitude (interesting = causing interest).
Note the following irregularities: impressed BUT impressive, scared BUT scary
B. Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the words in capitals.
1. My older sister has an impressive collection of coins. IMPRESS
2. The sight of the burnt countryside filled me with an overwhelming feeling of sadness. OVERWHELM
3. The famous artist said that he was thrilled to visit his hometown. THRILL
4. When I saw the bear coming towards me, I was too scared to move. SCARE
5. If you get lost in a forest, it can be very frightening. FRIGHTEN
6. Rob was disappointed when he found out he was not going to play for the team. DISAPPOINT
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 5 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson