الدرس السابق ⇚ Words easily confused2. COLLOCATIONS WITH SET
A. Look at the following extract from the text on pages 58-59. Can you think of any other words that collocate with the verb set?
...you will have to be very responsible and pace yourself to meet
the deadlines that are set by the company you work for...
B. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
clock -goal- task -date- trap - price - standards- example
1. Have you set a date for your wedding, yet?
2. He hasn't set a price for his car, has he?
3. It's important to set a goal for yourself, so you have something to work towards.
4. I forgot to set the clock when the time changed, so now it is an hour behind.
5. I don't think you set a good example for your little brother, you know.
6. I set a trap for the mouse last night, but it isn't in there yet.
7. The teacher set a tough task for the students.
8. We set high standards and expect a lot from our employees.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 5 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson