الدرس السابق ⇚ British and American Englishexamination practice
A. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words including the word given.
1. As the meeting is tomorrow, this ought to be finished before I go home. better
As the meeting is tomorrow, I had better finish this before I go home.
2. This time tomorrow we'll be on the plane to Argentina. flying
We will be flying to Argentina this time tomorrow.
3. Mustafa knows fully well that he should report the problem to the manager. ought
Mustafa is fully aware that he ought to report the problem to the manager.
4. Do you think Joe will have to stay in hospital for long? likely
Is Joe likely to stay in hospital for long?
5. The lights must be fixed by the time the exhibition opens. to
The lights have to be fixed by the time the exhibition opens.
6. Are you inviting Nabil to your wedding? going
Are you going to invite Nabil to your wedding?
7. A language test is compulsory before you can join the course. must
You must take an eye test before joining the course.
8. Reporters must have a special pass to enter the stadium before the game. not
Reporters without a special pass cannot / must not enter the stadium before the game.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 5 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson