1. WORDS EASILY CONFUSED
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in the boxes.
travel- trip - journey - tour - voyage - cruise -flight -excursion - expedition
1. Our Geography teacher keeps telling us that travel broadens the mind.
2. Is your class coming on the afternoon excursion to Windsor Castle?
3. Scott kept a journal of his scientific expedition to the North Pole.
4. Many immigrants arrived in New York after a sixweek voyage across the Atlantic Ocean.
5. The flight to São Paolo has been delayed due to heavy rain at the airport.
6. It’s a five-hour journey by bus from Florence to Naples.
7. We went on a guided walking tour of the city last summer.
8. We are going on a two-week Indian Ocean cruise on a luxurious ship.
9. Is your family still planning to go on a trip to Washington next week?
hotel - hostel - resort - cabin - suite - cottage - caravan
10. The new holiday resort in Miami offers free tennis lessons.
11. Did you hear the news? Joe has bought a weekend cottage in the countryside.
12. As we are on a tight budget, we’d better stay at a youth hostel.
13. Many South Sea islanders still live in traditional wooden cabin.
14. Tom took his caravan to France and stayed in it over the summer.
15. As that hostel is near the airport, a lot of businessmen stay there overnight.
16. The President stayed in a luxury suite at the Hilton.
arrive - get - reach - come - approach
17. The captain promised the passengers that the ship would reach the port in time to go ashore
18. What is the best way to get to your uncle’s ranch?
19. As we approach the city centre, the traffic got really heavy.
20. Are you coming to the airport with us to meet Dennis? His plane is scheduled to arrive at 18:30