الدرس السابق ⇚ Words related to travel and tourism1. WORDS EASILY CONFUSED
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in the boxes.
absence - lack - shortage - loss
1. Jeremy didn’t come to the meeting, and the manager commented on his absence.
2. If it doesn’t rain in spring, there will be a(n) shortage of water this summer.
3. Maria reported the loss of her passport to the police.
4. Amanda was given the job in spite of her lack of experience.
succeed - achieve - accomplish - manage
5. Do you think he will manage to finish all the work by tomorrow’s deadline?
6. In many computer games, you have to accomplish a number of tasks to get a high score.
7. Kareem was chosen because his communication skills will help him succeed as a manager.
8. Ken’s training really hard to achieve his goal of taking part in the Olympics.
beach - shore - coast
9. A new high-speed train line has been built along the west coast of Scotland.
10. Many wild animals live on the shore of Lake Victoria.
11. Building sandcastles on the beach is a summer tradition in Britain.
climate - weather - temperature
12. Global warming has increased the world’s average temperature.
13. Latin America has a much more humid climate than most of Europe.
14. Today’s weather forecast is for heavy snow.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 5 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson