الدرس السابق ⇚ Verbs starting with overWORDS EASILY CONFUSED
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in the boxes.
competition - match - game - race
1. Last week's Formula One race was won by a British driver.
2. The boxing match ended in a draw between two brave fighters.
3. Do you think I should enter the short story competition?
4. I like watching squash but I don't understand all the rules of the game.
fans -spectators -participants- audience
5. The audience expressed their satisfaction by applauding the speakers.
6. The writer stopped to sign autographs for his loyal fans.
7. The rally driver nearly crashed into some spectators standing at the side of the road.
8. All participants in today's Fun Race must go to the starting line.
take part -take apart -take place
9. The 2008 Olympic Games took place in Beijing.
10. Are you going to take part in the drawing competition?
11. Be careful! Do you really know how to take apart the car engine?
single- alone -only- unique -lonely
12. A number of unique diamonds are on display in the museum.
13. Our son isn't married; he's still single.
14. Were you alone when you heard the burglar break into the house?
15. My grandfather feels lonely since my grandmother passed away.
16. Only children under the age of three may enter for free.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 5 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson