صفحة 52, 53
Tools for Writing: Capitalization
أدوات الكتابة: الكتابة بالأحرف الكبيرة
Do not capitalize names of seasons. Use a capital letter for:
• the first letter of the first word of a sentence
• the pronoun
• proper nouns (specific people, places, organizations)
• days of the week, months of the year, and holidays
• countries, nationalities, and languages
• the first word of a quoted sentence
Rewrite each sentence with correct capitalization.
أعد كتابة كل جملة بالأحرف الكبيرة الصحيحة.
1. my mother and i traveled to london together last year.
My mother and I traveled to London together last year.
2. will james attend harvard university in the fall?
Will James attend Harvard University in the fall?
3. when i asked to see doctor atar, the receptionist said, “the doctor just left.”
When I asked to see Doctor Atar, the receptionist said, "The doctor just left."
4. people from haiti speak french and creole.
People from Haiti speak French and Creole.
5. this year, earth day falls on a Tuesday.
This year, Earth’s Day falls on a Tuesday.
Writing Prompt مُوجه الكتابة
Write a personal narrative about a problem or difficult situation you have experienced. Explain how you solved the problem or dealt with the situation. For example, you might write about a time your computer crashed the night before a report was due, or a time you were stuck at an airport overnight. Include grammar points from Units 1, 2, and 3
Write Your Personal Narrative
1. Choose a problem or difficult situation you have experienced.
2. Think about the situation. How did it come about? How did you deal with it?
Use the chart to organize your ideas
3. Think of a title for your narrative.
4. Write your narrative.
Developing Your Writing:
The Introduction The first paragraph of your writing is the introduction. The introduction should grab the reader’s attention by expressing something interesting that makes the reader want to read more. The introduction should also include a topic sentence that states clearly what the essay is about. All the other sentences in the introduction should support the topic sentence.
As you write your introduction, ask yourself:
• Is this paragraph interesting and engaging? Will it make the reader want to know more?
• Does it include a topic sentence that clearly tells the reader what the essay is about?
• Do the other sentences support the topic sentence?
أثناء كتابة مقدمتك ، اسأل نفسك:
• هل هذه الفقرة ممتعة وجذابة؟ هل سيجعل القارئ يرغب في معرفة المزيد؟
• هل تتضمن جملة موضوعية تخبر القارئ بوضوح عن موضوع المقال؟
• هل الجمل الأخرى تدعم الجملة الافتتاحية؟
قد ترغب بزيارة ⇚ قناة ثمرات اللغة