A. Look at the following extracts from the dialogue. What do you think the phrases in bold mean?
I know these slim quick diet pills are all the range...
B. Read the sentences and match the idioms in bold with their meanings a-f.
1. I know chocolate is bad for me but I can’t stop eating it. I guess I have a sweet tooth. f
2. The teacher told the students to learn the poem by heart. d
3. When I found out that I had passed all my exams, I was on cloud nine. b
4. If I were in your shoes, I would inform the police. c
5. 'Who told you the secret'? John spilled the beans.' a
6. Stop beating about the bush and tell me what you want. e
a. to tell a secret
b. to be very happy
c. to be in someone’s place
d. to memorise
e. to not speak directly about something
f. to like food with a lot of sugar in it
فقرة المفردات في كتاب الطالب - لمنهج ترافلر 4 ⇐ Vocabulary