الدرس السابق ⇚ Strong adjectives1. EXPRESSIONS WITH MAKE AND DO
A. Look at the extract from the text on page 44 and note the phrase in bold. Then decide which of the verbs make or do is used with the following words.
It is very important to make sure your CV is up-to-date...
do | well / business / my best / a favour / shopping / homework
make | money / noise / a decision / an excuse / mistakes / plans
B. Complete the sentences with the correct form of make or do and some of the words from the previous activity.
1. Bveryone make mitakes; the important thing is to learn from them.
2. Karima was pleased because she did well in her Maths test.
3. Kevin asked his son to make a decision a bout where he wanted to go on holiday.
4. Would you do me a favour and buy me a chocolate bar on your way home?
5. Alex did his best but he couldn't win the match.
6. I can't sleep at night because my neighbours make too much noise.