الدرس السابق ⇚ Lexical set -sportsSTRONG ADJECTIVES الصفات القوية
A. Look at the following extracts from the dialogue on page 40 and match the adjectives in bold with their meanings.
very big - very interesting
My guide book has lots of pictures of some fascinating sights in central London.
I don’t like Ferris wheels. Especially huge ones.
B. Replace the 'strong' adjectives in sentences 1-6 with very and the adjectives in the box.
angry - scared - pleased - tasty - surprised - tired
1. Ahmed was delighted to win the Teacher of the Year Award.
2. Jim is terrified of spiders; whenever he sees one, he calls for help.
3. I was amazed when I saw a skyscraper for the first time.
4. After working for nearly 14 hours, Sami was exhausted when he returned home.
5. Betty made a delicious strawberry cheesecake for dessert.
6. Alex was furious with Tom because he damaged his new car.