A. Write the adjectives which derive from the verbs/ nouns given. Then look back at the advertisements on pages 8-9 and check your answers.
VERB فعل /NOUN اسم
A lot of adjectives are formed by adding a suffix to a verb or noun. The most common adjective
suffixes are -y, -ly, -al, -ical, -able, -ible, -ous, -ent, -ant, -ary, -ive and -ative.
B. Complete the sentences using the correct form of
the words in capitals.
1. I think it would be more economical if we bought the smaller car. ECONOMY
2. These roses have a very pleasant smell. PLEASE
3. She has a very confident attitude all the time. CONFIDE
4. His speech was both informative and interesting. INFORM
5. The thought of going to Hawaii for the summer is an attractive idea. ATTRACT
6. If you need any additional information, please don’t hesitate to call me. ADDITION
7. We stayed at a luxurious hotel when we went to Dubai. LUXURY
8. Going to the airport half an hour before your flight is too risky. RISK
9. We get our daily paper delivered by five o’clock every morning. DAY
10. There was a complimentary basket of fruit in our hotel room. COMPLIMENT