الدرس السابق ⇚ Adjectives ending in -ed and -ing
2. ADJECTIVES DESCRIBING PEOPLE AND PLACES
A. Look at the adjectives in the box and decide if they are used to describe people, places or both, and if they have a positive, negative or neutral meaning.
brilliant - nervous - glorious- homesick - grateful - miserable - enormous - attractive - dull - plain - mysterious - picturesque - remote - splendid -graceful
B. Complete the sentences below with some of the words in the box above.
1. Tom is studying in another country but is homesick for his family.
2. The swan was very grateful in its movements.
3. The company manager's office is enormous; it must be at least 100 square metres.
4. The sailors explored the mysterious ship in the hope of finding an explanation for what had happened to the crew.
5. Mr Pound is a(n) brilliant mathematician.
6. I would be grateful for any advice you can give me.
7. After the earthquake, it was difficult for rescue teams to reach the remote areas of the country.
8. People are often nervous before a job interview.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 5 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson