الدرس السابق ⇚ Phrasal verbs ,turn
A. Look at the following word combinations which were mentioned in the radio programme that you heard in the listening section. What do they mean?
bookshelf - time machine - football player - alphabet - museum - history bookNote:
A compound noun is a combination of two (or more) nouns that function as one word. The last noun is defined or described by the noun(s) appearing before it (e.g. a history book is a book related to history).
B. Combine the nouns in the box to form as many compound nouns as possible.
paste - bed - bus- school -weather
tooth -room- water- police- tank -table
kitchen -motor -sail bike- ache
boat -sun -forecast -girl- station
C. Complete the sentences with compound nouns from exercise B.
1. We had to go to the police station to report that our shop had been robbed.
2. According to the weather forecast it will rain tomorrow.
3. We just bought a new waterbed; you wouldn’t believe how restful a sleep you get on it.
4. The school bus is late again; we’ll miss the first hour!
5. I went to the dentist’s yesterday because I had terrible toothache.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson