الدرس السابق ⇚ Words easily confusedexamination practice
A. Choose the word or phrase that produces a grammatically correct sentence.
1. He was the bravest man I .
a. saw before b. was ever seeing c. had ever seen d. had ever been seeing
2. We for an hour when we suddenly realised that we were going in the wrong direction.
a. have been driving b. have driven c. drove d. had been driving
3. Who to the park with yesterday?
a. did you go b. you went c. had you gone d. you had gone
4. They a company together but they had an argument and, in the end, they didn't.
a. would set up b. were going to set up c. had set up d. set up
5. Who you the postcard that came yesterday?
a. sent b. did send c. has sent d. had sent
6. Maram dinner by the time her husband came home.
a. made b. had been making c. had made d. was making
7. you like best, the red one or the blue one?
a. What dress do b . What dress c. Which dress do d. Which dress
8. Mark expected that his team t o the playoffs, but it was just wishful thinking.
a. would make it b. to make it c. was making it d. made it
9. A: 'the burglary?'
B: 'John did.'
a. Which saw b. Who saw c. Where was d. When was
10. Gadi had been working for ten hours straight, so when he came home he exhausted.
a. would be b. has been c. had been d. was