الدرس السابق ⇚
2. EXPRESSIONS WITH ‘COME’
A. Look at the extract from the text on page 57. What’s the meaning of the expression in bold?
...we need to come to terms with a few truths.
B. Match the expressions in bold with the meanings given.
1. It later came to light that she had cheated in her Maths test. ( )
2. It took Mark several months to realise that his dream had finally come true. ( )
3. I turned seventeen the year the president came into power. ( )
4. This torch will come in handy when we go camping. ( )
5. The new anti-smoking law is to come into effect next January. ( )
a. actually happen
b. to begin to apply
c. to take a position of leadership or control
d. to be useful
e. to be made known
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson