الدرس السابق ⇚ Phrasal verbs -come
3. PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES
A. Look at the extract from the text on page 43 and note the phrase in bold. Can you think of any other phrases following the pattern preposition + word(s) + preposition?
Like the Pioneer, Plaque, the record was created with a view to
communicating information about our world to alien life-forms.
B. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
account -addition- behalf - comparison - contact - exception - favour
need- regard -relation- reply - result
1. I would like to welcome you to the company on behalf of the Managing Director.
2. Do you think this is a better hotel in comparison to the one where we stayed last night?
3. All the members of the council are in favour of a total ban on smoking.
4. In addition to your salary, you will also get bonuses, free trips and a company car.
5. David broke his leg as a result of a motorbike accident and had to stay in hospital for three weeks.
6. This cottage is in bad condition and in need of some painting and redecorating.
7. In reply to your request for further information, we are sending you a brochure.
8. Everyone has arrived on time with the exception of John Williams.
9. Are you still in contact with anyone from our old school?
10.On account of the bad weather, the cruise was cancelled.
11. I am afraid there is no news yet in relation to your application.
12. Scotland Yard is continuing its inquiries with regard to the disappearance of Claire Thomas.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson
♣️ قد ترغب بزيارة ⇐ قناة ثمرات اللغة