الدرس السابق ⇚
1. PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES RELATING TO LOCATION/DISTANCE
A. Look at the sentence below. What do you think the phrase in bold means?
Bangkok’s bustling streets can boast some of the most
luxurious hotels in Asia, with a rich variety of properties
available in the heart of the Thai capital.
B. Use the prepositions below to complete the
prepositional phrases that have been used in the
following sentences. Some of them are used more
within -off -in -on- at
1. I enoyed my holiday last year immensely as everything
was w alking distance and I didnt need to
worry about how to get around.
2. oliday destinations that are the beaten track
are becoming increasingly popular as people seek remote
areas to escape from the drudgery of everyday life.
3. m y way to the airport I realised that I had
forgotten to take my luggage.
4. fter travelling for hours on end, I found myself
t he middle of nowhere.
5. The ski resort was perched precariously the
edge of a cliff.
6. t he top of the hill was a small monument
commemorating a historical figure of great importance.
7. s the sun set, I could see the fort etched the
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson