الدرس السابق ⇚ examination practice
B. Choose the word or phrase that most appropriately completes the sentence.
1. Many countries in Europe are planning to smoking in all public places.
a. charge b. convict c. ban d. avoid
2. The t o the burglary was questioned by the police.
a. hostage b. witness c. murderer d. hijacker
3. Abdullah showed me three T-shirts and told me to t he one I liked best.
a. pick out b. hold up c. go through with d. make off
4. The criminal the businessman by threatening to harm his family.
a. kidnapped b. blackmailed c. shoplifted d. robbed
5. All the food was delicious and the dessert.
a. particularly b. consequently c. moreover d. slightly
6. Maria won the a nd now a publisher is interested in publishing one of her short stories.
a. race b. match c. competition d. game
7. Bayan lost her w ith her young son because he kept nagging her to buy him candy.
a. patience b. endurance c. strength d. optimism
8. Poverty or even boredom can often lead people to a crime.
a. serve b. plead c. break d. commit
9. He took it for t hat I would help him with his project.
a. granted b. advice c. care d. responsibility
10. Although I live in a big city where there are lots of people, I often find myself feeling .
a. only b. single c. unique d. lonely