الدرس السابق ⇚
3. VERBS STARTING WITH THE PREFIX DIS-
A. Look at the extract from the text on pages 114-115. What does the word in bold mean? Choose a, b or c.
The shrines surrounding the burial were slowly dismantled.
a. destroyed b. covered c. taken apart
The prefix dis- when used before a verb indicates
the opposite effect or the reverse of the process
described by the original verb,
e.g. agree → disagree, charge → discharge.
B. Look at the verbs in the box. What do you think
they mean? Use them to complete the sentences
1-5. Make any necessary changes.
disorientate - disobey - disarm
disorganise - disembark
1. Luckily, the police were able to
the robbers and arrest them.
2. Don’t worry, the ship won’t leave before we
3. The kids will get in trouble if they
4. The roller coaster might
you for a few minutes when you get off the ride.
5. Look at his desk! He’s the most
person I’ve ever met!