WORDS EASILY CONFUSED
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in the boxes.
peak - height - top
1. It's impossible to get through on the phone at this time of day because it's the peak hour.
2. It takes me only one minute to climb to the top floor of the building using the stairs.
3. From this height, you can see the ocean.
notice - remark - observe
4. I’m supposed to observe the surgeon so that I can see how the operation is done.
5. Did you notice which way the red car went?
6. John remarked that my room was a mess, which was actually quite rude of him.
signal - sign- symbol -gesture
7. I’m sorry, I didn’t see the stop sign.
8. Give me the signal when you’re ready to leave.
9. When you make this gesture in my country, it means that you’re bored.
10. The dove is a symbol of peace.
location -position -site -spot
11. My neck hurts today, so I must have slept in a strange position last night.
12. The location of the submarine is top secret.
13. The Valley of the Butterflies is a well-known beauty spot on the island and attracts many
14. The archaeological site dates back to the Bronze Age.
transfer -transmit - transport
15. They are very careful about hygiene, so as not to transmit diseases from one person to another.
16. Will you please tell me how to transfer the money to my bank account?
17. There is a bus that will transport you to the swimming pool, if you like.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson