1. WORDS EASILY CONFUSED
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in the boxes.
rise -raise -arise- lift
1. The sun usually rise at around six this time of the year.
2. If you have any questions, please raise your hand.
3. The school is having a second-hand book sale to raise money for the new school gym.
4. No one understands how hard it is to raise children until they have done it themselves.
5. Ever since the price of petrol has risen, many people cannot afford to drive their cars.
6. Can you help me lift these boxes? They are really heavy.
7. You shouldn’t get disappointed when a problem arises.
favourite - famous - notorious - popular
8. This bakery is famous for their strawberry cheesecake.
9. Jack is one of the most popular students in the school. Everyone likes him.
10. Banana is my favourite flavour of ice cream.
11. He is notorious for being a liar and a cheat.
sight- view -scene- image
12. Our new manager is trying to improve the company's public image.
13. The view from our balcony is fantastic.
14. I can’t stand the sight of spiders!
15. The police got to the scene of the accident in no time.
gaze -glance - stare - watch
16. My brother always falls asleep while watching the news on TV.
17. Don’t do that! Don’t you know that it’s impolite to stare?
18. I quickly glanced at the paper, but I didn’t read it carefully.
19. He would sit for hours in the garden gazing at night at the stars.
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson
♣️ قد ترغب بزيارة ⇐ قناة ثمرات اللغة