الدرس السابق ⇚
WORDS EASILY CONFUSED
Rewrite the sentences using the words given.
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in
the boxes. Some words may be used more than once.
portray - illustrate- sketch -depict
1. The book has been by one of the most popular artists of our time.
2. The people and events that are in the book are totally fictitious.
3. She liked to sit on her balcony and the view of the market place below.
4. His paintings often life in rural England.
insight - foresight -forecast -premonition
5. What’s the f or the next five days?
6. The research gives us a(n) i nto the way children’s minds work.
7. Fortunately, I had the to bring an umbrella with me.
8. She couldn’t rid herself of a nagging that something would go wrong.
dispel - disperse -dissolve -disseminate
9. We are developing a new system to up-to-date information on the epidemic.
10. The crowds that had gathered in the square to hear the mayor speak w hen it started raining.
11. The newly elected president tried to his fellow countrymen’s worries about the country’s
12. These tablets will i n water, making a nice orange-tasting fizzy drink.
evidence - proof - testimony - witness
13. The o f any eyewitness is not always reliable.
14. The forensic team collected physical from the scene of the crime.
15. In a trial, the burden of is on the prosecution.
16. Unfortunately, the key defence failed to appear in court to testify.
fierce - wild - forceful - savage
17. In advertising, the competition is and you have to be aggressive to survive.
18. Herds of horses still roam freely in the Pryor Mountains.
19. They were attacked by a tiger in the jungle.
20. Local environmental organisations have made a very a rgument for the banning of cars
from the city centre.