الدرس السابق ⇚
WORDS WITH SIMILAR SPELLING AND/OR PRONUNCIATION
B. Rewrite the sentences below using a participle clause.
A. Look at the following extracts taken from the
listening section and note the words in bold. Can
you think of any other words starting with re- and
ending in -ain?
Tutankhamun, the boy pharaoh, retains an enduring grasp
on our popular imagination.
Just one king remained...
B. In exercises testing vocabulary in an examination,
the options are sometimes words with a similar
form (spelling and/or pronunciation) but with quite
different meanings. Read the sentences and choose
the word that best completes each sentence.
1. After the hurricane, all that was left of our house was a pile of .
a. rabble b. rubble
c. ramble d. rumble
2. Our company uses lorries and ships in order to various consumer goods from one country to another.
a. transform b. transport
c. transmit d. transfer
3. It took the firefighters hours to the fire that broke out in the warehouse.
a. extinguish b. distinguish
c. relinquish d. vanquish
4. I think Jason t o win the prize; he performed the best in the competition.
a. preserves b. reserves
c. conserves d. deserves
5. The manager’s speech a ny fears that the factory would be closing down.
a. dispensed b. dispersed
c. dispelled d. displeased
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson
♣️ قد ترغب بزيارة ⇐ قناة ثمرات اللغة