صفحة 76, 77
A. Read about some more unusual jobs and complete the job title. Work in pairs. Compare your ideas in class.
1. Read the essay and find out the following:
• What does an arborist do?
• What kind of qualifications does he need to have?
• Which personal characteristics should he have?
• What are his employment prospects?
2. What is your view as a reader?
• Are ideas and information presented clearly?
• Does the writer provide explanations, examples, or reasons when necessary?
• Does the essay answer your questions about what an arborist is/does?
3. Look at the essay again and write which person is used in each paragraph: I, you, he or she and so on.
• Paragraph 1: ____________
• Paragraph 3: ____________
• Paragraph 2:____________
• Paragraph 4: ____________
4. Notice which paragraphs provide:
• the writer’s view and/or opinion
• objective information and/or view
5. Are there any passive forms? What are they used for?
6. How are ideas and facts connected? Provide examples from the text.
• conjunctions/linking words
• combined clauses/sentences
• use of pronouns
B. 1. Write an essay about an unusual job you might like to have.
2. Before you write, think about and/or find on the Internet:
• a description of the job
• the background you should have for this job
• personal characteristics that would help you perform the job effectively
3. Use the chart to help you brainstorm and organize your information.
Writing Corner رُكن الكتابة
When you write an opinion essay:
عندما تكتب مقال رأي:
• note down what you know about the topic and collect new information.
• دوّن ما تعرفه عن الموضوع واجمع معلومات جديدة.
• note down your personal views on the topic and express your feelings and opinions.
• دوّن آرائك الشخصية حول الموضوع وعبّر عن مشاعرك وآرائك.
• combine your views and feelings with the relevant information and organize each paragraph.
• اجمع بين آرائك ومشاعرك بالمعلومات ذات الصلة ونظم كل فقرة.
• remember that it is your essay and your voice needs to come through.
• تذكر أن هذا هو مقالك وأن صوتك يحتاج إلى التعبير عنه.
قد ترغب بزيارة ⇚ قناة ثمرات اللغة