الدرس السابق ⇚ Prepositional phrases -preposition + word + preposition
IDIOMS WITH PARTS OF THE BODY
Read the sentences 1-12 and match the idioms in bold with the meanings a-l.
1. A Do you want to know what
happened last night?
B You bet I do. Im all ears.
2. A Did you go bungee jumping
B o, I didn’t. I got cold feet.
3. arry has been looking rather down
in the mouth since he missed out on
4. You shouldn’t have done that but I’ll
turn a lind eye to it just this once.
5. Those designer sunglasses must have
cost you an arm and a leg.
6. I’m all fingers and thums when it
comes to anything mechanical.
7. A See you later. I’m going to my
B Brea a leg
8. y dad has put his foot down and I
must stay home on school nights.
. Did eter really have the chee to
turn up at ob’s house after their
1. I can tell you I had my heart in
my mouth when I first travelled
11. Though he’s my own flesh and
lood, I am not going to accept that
kind of behaviour.
12. e never loses control. e eeps his
head whatever the problem.
a. a large amount of money
. someone’s own family
c. become too nervous to take part in a
difficult or dangerous situation
e. to be calm in a difficult situation
f. to insist on something happening
g. unable to do something practical
h. to take no notice of something which has
i. to listen very closely to what is being said
. good luck
. excited, worried or frightened
l. act in a shocking and rude way
عوده لفهرس مفردات ترافلر 6 ⇐ Vocabulary Lesson
♣️ قد ترغب بزيارة ⇐ قناة ثمرات اللغة